Seppo and I just had a discussion after I read his last blog entry. Given our workplaces and the food options that are/will be available, lunch will be the "large" meal of the day, by default. My mistake at my last job was that I started bringing my lunch to work instead of eating out with the team everyday, after noticing some disturbing weight gain. This led to a bit of accidental distance between me and my coworkers, which I don't wish to recreate in my new job.
For the same reason, Seppo eats out with his coworkers most of the days of the week.
This means that dinner will have to be the smaller meal of the day by default. There is no way I will not consume far, far too many calories than I can burn off in a day if I eat a "regular" lunch with my coworkers and eat a "regular" dinner. We just agreed that dinners most evenings can be something simple and small, like vegetables with a soup/salad/small sandwich.
This will be nice in that the eternal dinner conundrum will be solved, which helps when starting a new job and needing to work extra hard to get up to speed.
Tonight, since we are going out to dinner with Klay in the city, we both had small lunches of soup.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good plans. The only thought I have is that I hope you guys don't start missing all the cooking you usually do. But maybe that's what the weekends are for. :)
Yeah, we'll probably cook more on the weekends. :)
Post a Comment