Okay, so... one of the best pieces of advice I'd gotten at some point in the past was this:
Once you've fallen off the horse, don't think about it, don't feel guilty about it, just get back on and get going.
I've "fallen off" the "fitness" horse over and over again in the last two years. I'm still substantially under the beginning of 2006, but in the last month, habits have definitely gotten worse. So! What now? The sensible thing would be to say, "What was I doing when things were successful?"
There were three things:
1.) Competition - competing with a friend was a HUGE motivating factor.
2.) Measurement - I would weigh myself daily, record what I was eating and what I did for exercise.
3.) Reward - I'd reward myself for meeting milestones successfully.
So, I've tried option 3 a couple times, which short of 1 and 2 doesn't really mean all that much, because it really was about changing habits - short term reward didn't really do the trick.
So...
Today:
* Walked the dog, 30 minutes
* 10x pushups
* Ham & Brie sandwich
* Small bag of chips
* Half watermelon
* Baked beans, tri-tip/ribs
* Bowl of salad
* Two Starburst
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment